Last updated on 02-05-2021
Healthful wonder’s mission is to be your most trusted ally in your pursuit of health and well-being. We’re committed to bringing you authoritative, approachable, and actionable content that inspires and guides you toward the best possible health outcomes for you and your family. The content and experiences produced by Healthful Wonders are created under strict editorial and medical guidelines to ensure accuracy, currency and clarity.
Here are the specific guidelines we follow about the types of advertising we accept:
1. We review the ads.
We maintain sole discretion for determining the types of ads that will be accepted and displayed on Healthful Wonders. We reserve the right to reject, cancel, or remove any ads at any time and for any reason. We will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any ad, along with an explanation. We also reserve the right to determine the appropriate placement of ads on Healthful Wonders.
2. We don’t endorse any advertised products or services.
Although products may appear on our site in the form of advertisements, under no circumstances shall our acceptance of any ad be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised, or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes these product(s) or service(s). In some cases, Healthful Wonder’s editorial team may rate or rank certain products or services. These ratings or rankings are determined solely by the editorial team(s) without regard to any financial or advertising relationship that may exist with companies that provide the product services.
3. We will not accept certain types of ads.
We will not accept any ad that is factually inaccurate and/or, in our opinion, in poor taste. Pharmaceutical advertising is only accepted for approved indication(s) as determined by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Advertised products must be in market and readily available. Healthful Wonders will not permit, at any time, the placement of any ad for harmful, illegal or objectionable products or services. Ads must not contain fraudulent, deceptive, or offensive material, including material that misrepresents, ridicules, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.
Ads must not be related to alcohol, firearms, ammunition, fireworks, gambling, pornography, tobacco, or the simulation of news or an emergency. All ads must clearly identify the advertiser. Any ad that could be misconstrued as editorial content will be clearly labeled as an advertisement.
4. We clearly distinguish ads from editorial content.
In every instance, we maintain a distinct separation between advertisements and editorial content. All ads on Healthful Wonders properties are clearly and unambiguously identified as such. Clicking on an ad will take the user to an advertiser’s site.
5. We clearly distinguish between sponsored and non-sponsored content.
Healthful wonders seeks sponsorships from trusted and credible research organizations, manufacturers, and other service providers. Sponsorships provide financial benefit to Healthful Wonders, but also benefit our users by providing current information on health services, medications, and treatments. Editorial content sponsored by an advertiser is subject to our editorial policy and is reviewed by our editorial staff and Medical Affairs team. When content is provided by or influenced by a named sponsor, we take meaningful steps to ensure our users will not confuse that sponsored content with Healthful Wonders own original editorial content. Here are the types of sponsored content Healthful Wonders presents:
- Sponsored content: Sponsored content refers to content that is created by Healthful Wonders covering a topic area that is relevant to an advertiser. Healthful Wonders has sole editorial control, and no advertiser has any input into the content beyond the broad topic area. Sponsored content will be labeled in one of the following ways: “sponsored by our partners,” “sponsored by,” “from our sponsor,” or “brought to you by.”
- Co-branded content: This content is created in partnership with our sponsor and may have a sponsor logo on the page, article, video, or other content. The content adheres to Healthful Wonders guidelines including products, promotions, or links to an advertiser’s site. In some cases, a portion of the content will be created or directed by an advertiser. Co-branded content will be labeled with the sponsor’s logo, as well as the following text: “Made in partnership with BRAND NAME.”
- Brand pages: Healthful Wonders may host web pages that present content that is created by our sponsors or advertisers. This content does not undergo an editorial or medical review by Healthful Wonders, and Healthful Wonders is not responsible for providing the products or services described on these pages. These pages are hosted as a viewer resource and are not meant to imply recommendations or endorsements. Brand pages are labeled: “Paid for by.”
- Native advertising: Native advertising refers to links or ads that link to other content. These links may direct users to other content on Healthful Wonders properties or may link to an advertiser or sponsor-owned page. These links are displayed in the space between paragraphs of a Healthful Wonders article, along the right side of a content page and/or at the bottom of a page below an article or other content. In cases these links direct viewers to co-sponsored content, brand pages, or sponsor-owned web pages, such links will be labeled with one or more of the following: “Sponsored,” or “Paid for by.”
- Social media posts: Healthful Wonders may present advertising messages, advertisements or sponsored posts in its social media channels. These advertisements will be labeled “#ad”.
6. Affiliate program (e-commerce links in Healthful Wonders content) from Amazon, Jumia, etc.
As part of the article creation process, our health and wellness editors will occasionally include links to relevant products they feel could be useful to our readers. While all products are chosen independently, we want you to know that Healthful Wonders receives a small referral payment if you make a purchase at the retailer’s site within 24 hours or 30 days of clicking on one of the links we provide.
Healthful Wonders is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
7. We clearly distinguish content that is part of a Partner program.
Occasionally Healthful Wonders will work with products, services or organizations that align with our mission. Healthful Wonders vets these products, services or organizations for quality and only presents what it feels is valuable to and in the best interest of our users. Healthful Wonders does not medically review the content and is not responsible for providing the products or services described on these pages. Any partner content of this type will be labeled with the following language, “The following is paid for by our sponsor. The sponsor of this content has sole editorial control.”
In the instances where Healthful Wonders receives a payment when users purchase, or sign up for the product or service the page may also include this language, “Healthful wonders and our partners may receive a portion of revenues if you make a purchase using a link above.” Partner pages may also include a “what’s this” link that takes users to a page that explains the nature of the partnership.